I am currently working on my PhD in English Literature at Birkbeck, University of London.
My academic work examines the manifestations of utopia, the radical imagination, and precarity
in contemporary culture, with a particular interest in speculative fiction and protest literature from the UK, USA, and Ukraine.
- "A Poetics of Emptiness: Naming places at the urban margin." 2015 ELLAK International Conference: Spaces/Spatialities: Practices, Encounters and Articulations, December 2015, Busan, South Korea.
- "Occupy the Threshold: Locating occupation protests in liminal space." Crossing Borders: Negotiation, Provocation, and Transgression, May 2017, Birkbeck, University of London.
- "The Snow and the Zone: Creating communitas on the thresholds of sf cinema." CRSF 2017, June 2017, University of Liverpool.
- "Troubled Solidarity, Precarious Utopias." Solidarity and Utopia: 18th Utopian Studies Society Conference, July 2017, Gdańsk, Poland.
- "Lines of Flight: The Utopian Escape in Contemporary Speculative Literature." Utopia, Now!, August 2017, Chelsea College of Arts, London. () Audio